Monday, March 10, 2014

So, motivation..

Motivation is the hardest part of weight loss in my opinion. The motivation to start, the motivation to keep going, and the motivation to keep it off. No matter where you are in your weight loss journey, you need to find your motivation to keep moving forward. 


My motivation to start is two fold. First it is my family. My husband and kids need me around. My boys are getting older and want to be more active. When I say that mommy can't do it, I can see the sadness in their eyes. It kills me. Yet it doesn't always motivate me. Sounds weird, right? It is my issue. I am lazy. Totally own it and know that I need to work on it. 


My other motivation is a sad one. This past week, I lost my best friend from high school. She is almost exactly 12 hours younger than I am and growing up people always called up twins. We did everything together. She is the reason I have the family I do today. I meant my husband through her because they went to college together.  As the years went on, we grew apart, but always kept in contact. In September of last year, she had a brain aneurysm. She struggled and fought for 6 long months and finally passed away this past week. To say it was a shot to the gut is an understatement. I am only 33 years old. I'm not supposed to be losing classmates at this age. Even though we weren't as close as we once were, the loss was a great one. Things can happen in an instant and if I am not willing to put in the time and effort it takes to lose weight then I am creating my own ticking time bomb. 

I'm not sure what my plan is right now. In the past I have planned everything out and then fallen off the wagon very quickly. I am great at the planning, the execution, not so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment